We currently have all flu vaccines, and shingles and pneumococcal vaccines for eligible patients available for 2020-21.
Although the Scottish Government has announced a plan to provide flu vaccinations for everyone aged 55 or over, initially vaccinations will only be available on largely the same basis as last year. You will be eligible for a flu vaccination in the current batch if:
- You were born on or before 31st March 1961 - There is no national vaccine shortage here and we still have a reasonable supply of vaccines and should be able to order more. The vaccine used is not licensed for use in patients aged under 65.
- You were born on or after 1st September 2018 and are below primary school age (these appointments will be pre-bookable - more details below)
- You are pregnant (vaccinations will be available from the antenatal clinic or your midwife as well as from the GP practice)
- You have chronic respiratory, cardiac, diabetic, neurological or kidney disease or morbid obesity.
- You are an unpaid carer (paid carers will be able to get the vaccine from their employer if they are not in any of the other eligibility groups. We may well be able to offer this vaccine in the practice but not until the patients with greatest need have been done as we have limited vaccine stocks)
- This year you will also be entitled to get a flu immunisation if you live in the same household as someone who has been on the Covid Shielding list.
- Please phone in advance to book an appointment and often we may be able to offer an appointment at the end of consulting on the day you phone
Our understanding is that vaccination for patients aged 50-59 may be vaccinated later on. Clarification may be available from Scottish Government sources.
Patients living in Tarbolton can attend the clinics in Mossblown or Drongan and in addition Tarbolton Pharmacy are offering pre-bookable appointments in the Pharmacy. Please phone in advance for this service, although at quiet times vaccinations may be available without an appointment.
Patients living in Coylton can of course attend our Mossblown and Drongan clinics and we shall also be scheduling clinics in Coylton surgery, with details on the front page of this website. (advance booking by phoning 01292 571239 is essential).
Housebound patients wishing flu vaccination should contact the surgery and we will where appropriate make the district nurses aware of this or arrange a GP visit for vaccination depending on which service has capacity. We aim to do all of these vaccines before mid November.
We get child flu vaccinations in small batches during the vaccination season. Clinics are by appointment only so we don't run out. Our child flu vaccines appointments are currently open for booking - please phone the surgery to book an appointment