We now have ADULT flu immunisations available for 2020-21
Although the Scottish Government has announced a plan to provide flu vaccinations for everyone aged 55 or over, initially vaccinations will only be available on largely the same basis as last year. You will be eligible for a flu vaccination in the first batch if:
- You were born on or before 31st March 1956
- You were born on or after 1st September 2018 and are below primary school age (we do not yet have child vaccinations - expected week of 22nd September and these appointments will be pre-bookable - more details to follow)
- You are pregnant (vaccinations will be available from the antenatal clinic or your midwife as well as from the GP practice)
- You have chronic respiratory, cardiac, diabetic, neurological or kidney disease or morbid obesity.
- You are an unpaid carer (paid carers will be able to get the vaccine from their employer if they are not in any of the other eligibility groups)
- This year you will also be able to get a flu immunisation if you live in the same household as someone who has been on the Covid Shielding list.
Our understanding is that vaccination for patients aged 55-64 not in the above groups could be available from December and that if there is vaccine available people aged 50-54 may be vaccinated later on. Clarification may be available from Scottish Government sources.
Our initial plan is to offer vaccinations on the Bank Holiday Friday morning 18th September and on Saturday mornings on 19th and 26th September, and 3rd and 10th October. These sessions will be in Mossblown and Drongan only
Patients living in Tarbolton can attend the clinics in Mossblown or Drongan and in addition Tarbolton Pharmacy are offering pre-bookable appointments in the Pharmacy. Please phone in advance for this service.
Patients living in Coylton can of course attend our Mossblown and Drongan clinics and we shall also be scheduling clinics in Coylton surgery, with details to follow. (The first clinic is Friday 25th September 11am to 1pm - advance booking by phoning 01292 571239 is essential).
Housebound patients wishing flu vaccination should contact the surgery and we will where appropriate let the district nurses aware of this.